Ethics & Safety
Jannic Health Services strives to provide excellent results in every situation and expects our care providers to treat all clients and their family members with care, respect, and dignity. Each employee has a responsibility for maintaining a safe and healthy workplace by following rules and practices, and reporting accidents, injuries, and unsafe working conditions. This commitment to excellence includes the physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual care of each person. Our philosophy for successful client care stems from vigorous dedication to evidence-based care, constantly evaluating outcomes, and building successful protocols around effective practices to ensure appropriate and necessary care.
Our Ethics and Safety committee is charged with the responsibility of:
- Maintaining current knowledge of laws that affect his/her areas of responsibility
- Implementing effective internal controls to provide reasonable assurance that caregivers will comply with all applicable laws and regulations
- Ensuring that potential/real violations are reported and changes are implemented to prevent future violation
- Reporting compliance-related activities to the Compliance Officer
- Supporting and ensuring employee participation in a both annual and special topic compliance training relating to the laws and regulations within their roles
- Creating an ethical culture that allows employees to raise appropriate questions of potential violations of standards without fear of retaliation
- Annually completing the Attestation of Business Integrity and Conflict of Interest Disclosure forms
Consistent with our commitment to ethical behavior, all employees and clients must report and suspected policy violations to the compliance committee by calling the 24hr hotline (510) 309-6299 or by filing complaints on the website. All calls and online submissions are anonymous unless the notifying party chooses to disclose his or her identity. We encourage all of our clients and their families to take an active role in their care. If questions arise about the safety and quality of care provided by any of our employees we strongly suggest feedback as soon as is conveniently possible to notify our compliance team by completing a compliance complaint form.