Companion Care is a form of home care offering non-medical services to the elderly or persons living with disabilities. The primary objective is to provide emotional support, socialization, and supervision to ensure the safety and well-being of your loved one. This non-intrusive service allows our caregiver to accompany the client on social visits outside or within the comfort of their home.
Depending on the situation, hiring the services of a Jannic caregiver could be a feasible option. Jannic Health Services professional and knowledgeable caregivers will come into your home, ensuring that you or your loved ones are healthy and secure and that quality of life, particularly your social life, remains paramount in their minds. Typical companionship includes but not limited to the following:
- Providing companionship, friendship, lasting memories, and emotional support to your loved one
- Keeping your surrounding clean and pristine by doing light housekeeping chores
- Reminding your loved one to take their medication when it is required
- Reminding your loved one of scheduled appointments and finalizing arrangements with the transportation department
- Accompanying your loved one to recreation and social events
- Organizing and reading mail to your loved one or assisting them in writing and/or responding to correspondence as requested
- Having a wholesome meal preparation experience by assisting and getting your loved one to participate in the process. Nothing is more uplifting than seeing your loved one do the things they once did independently on their own. We will plan, schedule, and prepare well-balanced diets with your loved ones right there alongside our caregiver.
- Helping your loved one to stay in touch with family and friends
- Having great conversations, playing board games, or getting them involved in more stimulating activities like art therapy
Keeping a Routine: We help make sure that your loved ones maintain a daily routine. This practice allows them to get used to the same tasks each day. It could include waking, and at the same time, visiting the restroom, brushing teeth, combing hair, and taking medications. It helps their day run smoothly, where nothing is missed.
Shopping/Running Errands: Going to the bank, hair salon, supermarket/grocery store, or picking up prescription medicine are parts and parcel of the services our caregivers provide to make your loved one life and days less burdensome.
Lively Conversations: With age comes wisdom. Older adults are better at interpreting the correct slope of a hill than young adults, which researchers believe is because of greater life experience. This aligns with an African saying, “what an elder can see sitting down; a young person cannot see standing up.” Our caregivers are not only there to provide outstanding care, which is paramount, but to build a relationship with lasting memories with clients, as well. Conversations with an elderly person on a daily basis with a glimpse into a fulfilled life provide a roadmap that could greatly help a young adult navigate, avoid the pitfalls, and gain a better understanding of dealing with the vicissitude of life. These exchanges are some of the greatest gifts that our clients could impart to our caregivers. We strongly encourage them to take full advantage of the opportunity to engage in lively conversations with clients.
Medication Reminders: Medication reminders and drug monitoring, which is described as ensuring that the client’s medications are administered carefully, at the correct time and at the right dose, are one of the most critical facets of patient treatment.
Jannic Health Services caregivers are qualified to ensure that you or your loved one take the required amount of medicine at the correct time of day, in keeping with the doctor’s instructions. Our caregivers will ensure that if you are taking the prescribed drug, you and your loved ones are healthy and that you are not taking medication outside of the prescribed plan.
Appointment Reminders: Ensuring your loved ones never miss a doctor’s appointment is critical to their care. In consultation with their doctors, monthly and` routine scheduled appointments are entered into our automated system, and alerts are set at reasonable intervals prior to scheduled dates.